Kenshō is a project, driven by an experienced owner, that redefines the spatial constraints, distribution and luxury on a superyacht. According to Admiral, technical challenges were answered with feasible but poetic solutions.
“Kenshō integrates the best ideas of both residential and yacht design to create a new quality of living at sea,” says her owner.
"Thanks to the Kenshō we proudly confirm our know-how and specific skills in building mega-yachts of such innovation and beauty," said Giovanni Costantino, The Italian Sea Group Founder & CEO. – “This motor-yacht represents a further achievement confirming our synergy with international professionals. Working on this masterpiece full of detail and research has been a wonderful experience for all of us”.
- Interior ceilings are 9ft (2.7m) high
- Large beach area pool facing aft providing views at the same level as the ocean.
- Nature-inspired smooth and organic shapes and finishes are a consistent motif throughout the yacht giving Kenshō her strong identity.
- Guest cabins are optimized with a unique bathroom layout
- A spacious full beam master suite (43ft/13m wide) can be experienced all open or subdivided for one level of intimacy, comfort and views.
- See more horizon, more often with lowered bulwarks, floor -to- ceiling glass, and low-profile custom designed exterior furniture.
- The upper deck is given over to a forward viewing living room experience by relocating the wheelhouse.
- A rich and thought-through sun deck experience like never seen before.
- Fine art and equally artful craftsmanship
Inspired by nature, noble materials which are artfully transformed into forms that are rounded and organic. From her hardscape to her soft touch interior, the narrative is coherent, seamless and contemporary. Teak, marble, onyx, silk, wool, bronze and glass, a diverse material vocabulary deployed in a deeply personal and poetic expression.
Kensho’s owner has assembled a fine mix of industry authorities and fresh-eyed newcomers to realize his vision.
Azure Yacht Design (NL) & Archineers.Berlin (DE), and Agence Jouin Manku (FR) are responsible for the design. Encouraged by their passionate and inventive client, they’ve designed and delivered a ground-breaking unique layout that sets a newly minted standard for functionality.
M/Y Kenshō is equipped with a state-of-the-art “Diesel-Electric” propulsion system, with permanent magnet electrical motors, granting a high efficiency and great power, with limited volume. The design has been developed giving important weight to the environmental perspective, not only in the respect of the “ECO” notation of the Classification Body, supplying the propulsion system with five variable speed generators, all equipped with antiparticle system so to optimize consumption at every speed and reduce emissions in the atmosphere.
The hull has been developed by minimizing resistance through the employment of azimuthal propulsion and retractable stabilizer fins.
Kenshō will be available to charter by Y.CO in the Mediterranean in summer 2022.