A new company in the yachting equipment marketplace, Bristol Yacht Components, has introduced its premier product line: Bristol Boarding Stairs. Bristol Boarding Stairs are made of carbon fiber to provide a durable, lightweight, easy-to-deploy access system with an aesthetic design to enhance the look of any motoryacht or sailing vessel.
According to the company, Bristol Boarding Stairs incorporate precision engineering, modern industrial design and advanced carbon fiber technology. Key features include:
• Large, self-leveling steps actuated by a single, reinforced, carbon fiber center spar that eliminates pinch points during deployment and handling.
• Positive angle pivoting to prevent damage to the stairs and the vessel should tides render the dock higher than the hull mounting point.
• Unique, pentagonal side spars that resist flexion for increased strength and safety.
• Polished 316L stainless steel handrails, brackets and fasteners for durable performance in the marine environment.
• Custom inlaid teak stair treads for water-resistant, non-skid footing and a handsome look.
The stairs fold flat for easy storage. They can be conveniently mounted on a nearby bulkhead, or stowed below in an available padded storage bag. All models feature hidden fasteners throughout for clean lines, and come finished with UV-resistant polyurethane clear coat on the carbon fiber surfaces. Custom paint matching is also available.
“Our goal was to blend engineering and design into a state-of-the-art access system that could be easily deployed by one or two crew members, while maintaining an artistic look that owners would be proud to attach to the hull of their prize yacht,” says company president, Todd Schenk.
Bristol Boarding Stairs are available in 4-step through 14-step systems (MSRP range $20,000 to $40,000).
For more information, visit bristolyachtcomponents.com.